Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day 2 of my trippy trip

Hello friends and family. Its a sunny Saturday afternoon and I am sitting in my friend Dale’s cottage. Dale’s family is like my second family and it is always amazing to see them. Dale and Kari are my brother and sister from another… never mind the details. Anyways, they look like this:

Day 2 09

Yesterday was a pretty cool day, I met up with another good mate, Darko and his fiancé Justine. We went off to eat pizza at a place called Mimmo’s. I ordered a chicken-tropical pizza which has chicken and pineapple on a 23cm base. Before I ate it, the pizza looked like this:

Day 2 05

Justine and Darko look like this:

Day 2 03

Justine did something I have never seen before, she put ice in her white wine. I found this to be extremely strange and documented it with a photo. The photo of the wine with ice in it looked like this:

 

Day 2 04

After lunch, I went to my old shul, it was really nice to be back there, obviously since it was Shabbat I couldn’t take any photos, but if I was able to and there was a power failure at the exact moment I had taken the photo, it would have looked like this:

 

 Day 2 04

After shul I went back to the grandparents for Friday night dinner. Gran’s homemade food is always great, we had meat stew. After dinner Kari came to pick me up.

First we went out to a club called Manhattan. Clubs in SA are much better than clubs in Israel. The dress code at Manhattan is formal, no entry without a collared shirt. There are four bars surrounding a central dance floor.

Day 2 14 Day 2 13

Day 2 20

Drinks in SA are really cheap. I bought a round of 3 drinks for a total of R56 or about 28 NIS. Here are some pictures from the bar area in the club

After Manhattan, we went of to Fontana’s chicken. We got Prego meals and I drank Iron Brew.

Iron Brew is an interesting soft drink, originally from Scotland. I am not sure what flavor it is, but it tastes good. You should try it. No really, now, go find some.

We wrapped up the night at a bar called Billy the Bum’s. Some shmuck knocked Dale’s double Jameson out of his hand and didn’t even offer to get him a new one. The place was pretty packed and there were girls dancing on the bar. The scene can be described as such:

Day 2 21

We headed home and I passed out for a good few hours before we went off for breakfast. I will probably go sleep a bit now and tonight I am going out with Darko and Justine.

Things I have noticed Pt. 2:

1. Drinks are cheap

2. Clubs are really high society.

3. South African houses have these interesting back doors that are split in half and I have never understood why. They look like this:

That’s it for now. Stay tuned for day 3 and more.

PS:

I almost forgot, the Amler’s have several Jack Russels. Jack Russels are the most awesome dogs ever. They look like this:

Day 2 01

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay adman ...err, i mean, adam ... or should i be courteous and say @adam ... i'm enjoying reading your sa journal. keep writing and shooting ... what about a little video too? ... niiiiice ...
grns, r


By TwitterButtons.com
 
free hit counter account login page
free hit counter
Web Analytics